...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Television - Marquee Moon (1977)

Television - Marquee Moon, Elektra Records (1977)

 Marquee Moon is one of those album that I will admit that I didn't appreciate at the time of it's release and remember hearing this album and having it not grab me.   Then years later I re-heard it thanks to my friend Bob and ran out to pick it up.   This album is unquestionably a guitar rock album but does straddle perfectly the punk- power-pop line in the sand.  Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd create a never ending driving wall of Fender guitar interplay.  Not a bad cut on this album and if you can hunt down the Rhino remaster (2003) then you will get some quality bonus cuts and a great sound.  It is hard to believe but this album is 34 years old now.......wow ...where has time gone ?....I.....I See...I See No.....I See No Evil !      

No comments: