...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, January 22, 2011

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire (1984)

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire (deluxe edition), Island Records (1984)

  In high School this album was one of the top spins on my turntable and remains to this day still a wonderful album.  I also loved the EP albums released to compliment this album i think it was called Pride In The Name Of Love and one called the Unforgettable Fire EP. In 2009 I patiently waited for The Unforgettable Fire Deluxe Edition to be released with it's dual CD covering the original album plus all the EP tracks (which in many ways is some of my favourite U2 songs)..........Love Come Tumbling .....The 3 Sunrises.....Boomerang 1 and 2 and of course Pride.......A Sort of Homecoming (one of my all time favourite songs) and BAD.....just a huge album and truely a landmark album. 

No comments: