...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself (2005)

Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself , Megaphonic Records  (2005)
 
  And while I am on the electronic kick I should mention another album that I really gravitated towards and keep coming back to is England's art-electonic singer/songwriter named Imogen Heap.  I actually had to import this CD back in 2005 when released and did so based only on one track "Just for now" and a song from Frou Frou (her previous band) "Let Go" that appeared in one of my favourite movies Garden State which I heard and fell in love with. 
   "Speak For Yourself" is a great album from start to finish and even has a guest appearance by friend Jeff Beck.  And of course there is the highly inspirational song "Hide and Seek" which now has over like 100 Youtube interpretations.....wow talk about a huge success......If you dont have this album then it would make a perfect gift anytime to yourself...........

No comments: