...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Kitaro - Sacred journey of Ku-Kai - Volume 1

Kitaro - Sacred journey of Ku-Kai - Volume 1

My last encounter with Kitaro was his TENKU album which I grew tired of and eventually traded in years ago. After that I really didnt have a lot of interest in his music until one day hearing a sampling of this album and I knew I had to pick it up.

I am pleased to report that I love this album and think it is was less new age as much of his other stuff although still meditative in style. Kitaro really explores sound on this album and with a candle burning and light dimmed you will swear you are in deep space. Kitaro uses tons of synths, samples and tons of bells and percussion to translate his musical vision. This album is as poppy as it is prog rock as it is new age as it is electronic.....Vangelis meets Enya meets Brian Eno meets a bit of David Gilmour......

The sound from this SACD is superb......nice deep sound and rich warm textures. The albm has been very well mixed and offers great speaker seperation and excellent balance. Everything sounds cohesive yet distinct with bright highs and tonal bass lines.

If u perhaps like me were not all that sure of Kitaro I think you should sample this disc and it might just change your mind.

No comments: