...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, March 15, 2013

Be Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic (1978)

Be Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic (1978)
  Drastic Plastic was the 5th studio and swan song album for England's Be-Bop Deluxe marking the end of a great album run.   I am a big fan of Be-Bop Deluxe and think that all of their albums deserve a lot more recognition than they received.  

  I really think that Bill Nelson is a real musical genius and his well crafted Be-Bop art rock music was ground breaking and surprisingly still does not sound outdated !  Musically I guess this veered between glam rock, pop, prog and heavy metal.  
 
    Drastic Plastic was at first my least favorite of the lot but after years of playing I found myself strangely going back to this album ...I guess this is a sign that I like the album.

  No question this album is the furthest out there of the lot and i would think that if any album deserved the title of "modern music" it would be this one ! 

  Typical of Bill Nelson this album is full of artistically revealing music with that certain level of creative strangeness that only he can pull off.  

  Drastic Plastic is actually quite Drastic !
  
    

No comments: