...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Knack - .......but the little girls understand (1980)

The Knack - .......but the little girls understand (1980)

  After the big success of the Knack's debut power pop album and the hit single "my sharona" their second album "......but the little girls understand " was basically all but ignored and dismmissed.  In many ways I think that this sophmore album is better than their debut!  

  The Knack were a power pop band that wrote some very cool songs...the kind of albums you love to drive to with all your windows rolled down and the tunes just blaring.

  The Knack even play an ode to The Kinks with a little fast rockin interpretation of "The Hard Way" which is guaranteed to make you air drum !

 There were no big hits on this album but toe tapping songs like "Mr. Handleman" and "Baby talks dirty" make this album so memorable for me.  I think "Baby Talks Dirty" was on the charts for a very short period otherwise I think sadly this album just fell off the shelf!

 This is a power pop album that you just gotta hear !

No comments: