...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, March 29, 2013

Virgil Fox - On Top Of Bach (1971)

Virgil Fox - On Top Of Bach

    Years ago i first heard "Heavy Organ" and thought that was one of finest organ albums I had ever heard.     To this day that album (which I previously reviewed on ths BLOG) remains one of y most beloved live albums in my collection.

  That same year Virgil Fox released this ode to BACH album that features a number of studio tracks that do not appear on thelive at Winterland album!

   Virgil had a very positive almost flamboyant approach to how he played BACH casting his music in very positive light.   Virgil played BACH the way that I wanted to hear his music which is likely why I am so fond of his playing.

   How can you beat BACH's Toccatas and Fugues?  They are simply some of the best pieces of music possibly ever written......BACH was a genius.

   Virgil Fox plays BACH on the organ like no other and this album is a pure delight to spin time and time again.





 

No comments: