...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, March 15, 2013

Peggy Lee - Latin ala Lee! (1960)

Peggy Lee - Latin ala Lee! (1960)

   The music of Peggy Lee is pure joy and pure enjoyment.  This may be one of hidden gems that I am not sure I would pull out with company in the house!  I can just hear it now....."what is your husband listening to up there?   Dooooooooooooooo!

  But if you open your ears and give this album a try you will be rewarded .......Peggy Lee was an absolute entertainer.....her voice is slight chalky but has a certain sweetness and character which works so well with the cha cha cha and brass on this album.
 
   There is also a certain loneliness about this album even though it appears to be a more lively recording. For example when I hear "wish you were here" (no....not the Pink Floyd version) I get this huge melancholy feeling.

No comments: