...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Discipline - To Shatter All Accord (2011)

Discipline - To Shatter All Accord (2011)
  
    Discipline have been a band that I have followed since "Push and Profit" made me take notice of this US prog band.    I suspect that for many this album (and band) will have all the elements that make Progressive rock pretentious and less than desirable!
    yup.....
 But......I think this album is just great.....Genesis meets Rush with some Van Der Graaf Generator and Devil Doll tossed in for good measure.
  
    Lead singer Matt Parmenter once again delivers his highly sinister and punchy vocals while Jon Preston Bouda (guitars), Mathew Kennedy (Bass) and Paul Dzendzel (skins) deliver a solid and highly progressive and dark musical world.    "To Shatter All Accord" is a lyric from the imaginative 20 epic track Rogue which is made up of 10 sub parts and stands out as the creative watermark on this album for me.
 
   All five songs on this album are excellent and I highly recommend DISCIPLINE to fans of progressive rock .   

No comments: