...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Faith No More - Angel Dust (1992)

 Faith No More - Angel Dust (1992) MOFI RBCD

  Landmark 1992 Alternative Rock Breakthru Album that 20+ years later still has me reeling in ! 
      
   Angel Dust was the fourth studio album by American rock band Faith No More and was THE album that really hooked me on these guys.   Sadly It was the swan song album featuring guitarist "Big" Jim Martin and yet only the second to feature the versatile vocals of Mike Patton.   This was also THE album of 1992 for me and an album that I still very much love to this day!
   
      I guess "Angel Dust" was their semi-progressive rock album and kind of their "The Wall" of Alt rock.    No question this album was UBER- influential in the world of Rock "and" "or" Roll !     I can't tell you the number of times I see "Angel Dust" cited as the album that helped bands and artists see their potential. 
   I would say that FNM push the boundaries for me on the whole hard acid rock GOTH scene....there is JUST something extra special with this band and especially ANGEL DUST!    
 
   The MOFI (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) 'Ultradisc' CD release was carefully mastered from the original master tapes and sounds better than the first day I heard this album.   If you are a fan of this band and Angel Dust then I would highly recommend you snag this CD release as it has the BEST sound you could ever imagine!

  The tune "RV" is like just tooooo funny.......holy red-neck !
 

     Rock just never sounded better than with a little Angel Dust on the Hi Fi !

No comments: