...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, November 2, 2012

Glenn Gould - Goldberg Variations (J.S. Bach)

Glenn Gould - Goldberg Variations (J.S. Bach)

  Well I grew up in a household that adored classical music and the piano was often the entertainment of many family gatherings.  My uncle was a concert pianist and would play Bach, Chopin, Mahler...you name it.....
   Because of this I got to know and appreciate the work of Canadian Glenn Gould and understand his interpretations.  As far as I know Gould recorded Bach's Goldberg variations twice in his lifetime with this recording representing the second. Sony music and Gould himself were involved int he recording and mastering and the Goldberg Variations are re-presented here some 20 years later in 20 bit format for you to enjoy.
  This is music you MUST hear and a series of vignettes that you will never forget by the master himself !

No comments: