...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Spoons - Arias & Symphonies 30th Anniversary (2012)

Spoons - Arias & Symphonies  30th Anniversary (2012)

  My pal Jo Jo also is a huge fan of this album too and clearly this is one of the defining albums of my highschool days.   Arias and Symphonies was an album I loved when I was 15 and I love it now some 30 years on....my god where has time gone ?

   Every Canadian will remember Nova Heart and title track Arias & Symphonies which dominated the air waves in the 80's!
  So here we are again some 30 years later with the 30th Anniversary edition with some live tracks and a special version of Nova Heart (where are my roller skates?).
  Sandy Horne (bass and vocals)........SANDY !!!!!!   and the great voice of Gord Deppe, Derrick Ross (drums) and Rob Preuss (keys) who later would go on to play with Honeymoon Suite !

    I have a pristine vinyl copy of this album and have been spinning that for years so I was glad for a recent remastered version as well.   I will never tire of this album and think it is a bit of pop genius !
There are 6 live tracks as well on this CD recorded back in 1982 at Barrymore's in Ottawa
  

No comments: