...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card (1980)

Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card (1980)

  Growing up the Alan Parsons Project was like a brother to me !  I loved all the early APP albums and will I am sure eventually put them all up here! 
  "The Turn" was just so special ...with huge songs....great orchestration, unforgettable voices and harmonies.  I remember my mom and would sing these songs and everytime she would say "boy can they even write music".

  Truthfully that was just so true.......melodic soft progressive rock with pure creativity and great musicianship.   Everyone was like played for a canvass......true art.
  The 2008 Remastered version is superb with great luster and sound dynamics.
  An album that is for a lifetime.........they dont make em like this anymore kids !!!!   

No comments: