...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Duke Pearson - Sweet Honey Bee (1966)

Duke Pearson - Sweet Honey Bee

   I first heard Duke Pearson on an early Byrd album and remember saying how amazed I was by his piano player......huge creativity and Duke really stood out for me.  I remember thinking that I need to pick up more by this guy somewhere down the road........
...well I guess Sweet Honey Bee was my selection...and a very good one at that.

    Sweet Honey Bee is a very light happy little jazz album that EVERYONE will love.......this is exactly what I thought i'd get from a Duke album...something very creative and very noticeable....in fact I played this last night during a dinner party Sharon and I hosted with some friends and someone at the dinner table said "they love this music" and asked who it was....

    Sweet Honey Bee is a FUN little album that is very light yet very sophisticated and very well put together.   I would say that this might just be the perfect lite Jazz album you can pick up and play for your friends.
   Highly recommended jazz album !
     

No comments: