...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold (1996)

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

    In the very early 1980's we got "Making Movies" and "Love Over Gold" both which were groundbreaking albums by Mark Knopfler and Co.  (who ever said the 80's was crap !).
   I remember playing Dungeons and Dragons in my pal Erik's home listening to this album over and over.  No question "Telegraph Road" and "Private Investigations" were part of the soundtrack to my childhood.

    So here I am now some 25 years later on and still listening to this album discovering its color and beauty.
  Love over Gold was the 4th album by the Dire Straits and this one held a special significance for the band as it spend 4 years on the UK Charts and still remains for many Dire Straits their best album. 
   
   

No comments: