...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, December 7, 2012

Latte e Miele - Passio Secundum Mattheum (1972)

Latte e Miele - Passio Secundum Mattheum (1972)

  If I had to take just an arm full of albums with me to the deserted Island I would definitely take "Passio Secundum Mattheum" with me ! 
  I discovered this album a long while now ago and have played this album so many times and still just love it all.   Gorgeous songs with a nice progressive rock symphonic vibe all the way thru.   Fans of PFM, LE Orme will love this album I am sure.  
    
     So who ever called these guys an "ELP wanna be" should go play on the highway! LATTE E MIELE offer only subtle reminders of the great ELP, but certainly take us here down a journey into the unknown. This is one of the all time classic Italian prog releases. Here dream-like passages are intertwined with the narrative of the story giving the listener a full concept feeling.   LATTE E MIELE offer here some very dynamic mood swings and go from pastel pastures to heavy jazz-like passages. This album contains some of the greatest progressive rock moments ever recorded from Italy. This recording is multi-layered and has many operatic influences giving a full and intelligent feel to the recording throughout... it is one of my all time favs and is essential in anyone's collections.
 

No comments: