...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, December 7, 2012

Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted (2012)

Porcupine Tree - Octane Twisted (2012)

   While we wait for the next PT experience we are treated to a great live album with special focus on "The Incident" plus others great tracks.....  Octane Twisted was recorded live from both Chicago's "Riviera" and the Royal Albert Hall on "The Incident" tour.
   If you were able to catch them on tour then you know the magic of this evening and I think this concert captures the energy and adrenaline they exude.   I always marvel at how popular this band have become and to think that I can buy their music at HMV just blows my mind!     Side one is totally devoted to the "Incident"  as presented live and the second side focuses on some of their past "naughtiness".    Hello Cleveland !!!!
 
Steve Wilson is a genius...its just that simple really.....it seems that his creativity is endless and his energy simply eternal.....
  This band have come so far from where they started and yet have not really ever compromised what they all about.   The Incident was a work of pure creativity and I really loved the live gig and thought in many ways the live show was better than the studio work....  
I was thrilled to see a live professional recording of this show that now I can play for my parents at X-mas as we sit 'round the old yule tree !!!   
     Go out and buy this album........just drive carefully en route..............
 
  ...don't have an Incident !!!   



No comments: