...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, October 18, 2014

B52's - Whammy! (1983)

B52's - Whammy!

  After the unsuccessful collaboration album with David Byrne "Mesopotamia" the B52's turned back to their vintage selves and crafted an excellent 60's styled pop infused release.

  The B52's are not musical heavy weights by any stretch of the imagine but they can sure write some cool pop tunes.  My god i grew up with is band with Rock Lobster as a part of my soundtrack  to my childhood.

Whammy! Was the fourth album released and contains of theie fan favourites tracks including "Legal Tender", "Whammy Kiss" and my favourite "Song For A Future Generation".

If you have the original vinyl edition then you have their rendition of Yoko Ono's "Dont Worry" which due to legalities was omitted from the CD release and replaced with "Moon 83".

No comments: