...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe (1978)

Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe

  Back in the day of my love of the electronica I discovered both Oxygene and Equinoxe albums the same day!    There used to be a record store in London Ontario called The Record Dealer and I remember vividly buying both that day and then coming home and studying to sounds of Jean Michel Jarre!

  Somewhere in the Vangelis and Tangerine Dream camp lies "Equinoxe" ....and album that is both haunting and beautiful.  This is the kind of relaxing album you can play while totally veggin' out!

Equinoxe is comprised of 8 pieces all strung together in a very concept like instrumental way.   Jarre uses a huge arsenal of keyboards and synths in creating this album including the Arp, AKS, VC3, Oberheim, Yamaha and KORG polyphonic synths and digital keyboards.

This album along with Oxygene was a soundtrack to my University days and remains to this day one of my fav electronic albums.

Space exploration music extraordinary!!!!!!

...so why not take a trip to the dark nebula!

No comments: