...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Omar Khorshid - Belly Dance (1974)

Omar Khorshid - Belly Dance

  The first time I heard Omar Khorshid was from my audiophile buddy Jeff who played one of his tunes and I had to find one of his vinyl albums.   Audiophiles treasure Khorshid's albums as one of the holy grails of sound dynamics and I can hear why now......

  Musically this is waaaaaay cool Arab inspired Psychedelic music wrapped around the genre of Belly Dancing.   Lots of hand percusssion and finger symbols to boot.....

Of course the main attraction is the stellar guitar work of Omar Khorshid who picks and frets his fingers to the bone.   This is the first of three Belly Dance albums in this series and I am going to hunt down the other two as well.

  The first time I played this album my mother-in-law thought I had belly dancers in my music room!

Khorshid even does a psychy belly dance raga of "Never on Sunday" which made me howl with some cheesie organ accompany him..........but it works

This is a great album!

No comments: