...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Alex Pangman - 33 (2012)

Alex Pangman - 33

  Last week I heard this what I thought was an amazing 1930's tune by Alex Pangman and after a wee hunt I discovered her work.  Thanks to my grandma and grandpa I developed a love of jazz and the 30's/40's music.   If you know the Bladerunner soundtrack and the tune "one more kiss dear" which i have always loved then you know what this album sounds like!

 The music of the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl era is full of depth and emotion with a certain positive gaiety and innocence that you only get from this era of sadness.

Alex Pangman is a bit of an anomaly......but a very talented anomaly for sure with her with her unique '30's styling and jazz vocalizations.

No comments: