...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Jane - Together (1971)

Jane - Together

Jane's debut album from 1971 was one of the early Krautrock LP's I ever owned.  I remember to this day exactly where I was and where I bought it....it is just that endelibly etched in my mind.   I loved this album from the first time I played it to today.   Jane were a heavy psychedelic progressive rock band from Germany that borrowed elements of Pink Floyd,Procol Harum with metal, space rock and even fusion.  "Together" reveals a wall of sound that combines elemenst of hard rock with dark progressive rock.

Berndt Pulst's lead vocals are smokey and harsh at all edges, but fits the dark feel of the band with tons of organ and heavy percussion.   Klaus Hess adds some epic guitar bits along with the heavy organ grinds of Werner Nadolny.  This band were an amazing outfit and this debut album is simply essential !

The full 12 minutes of "Spain" is punctuated with some stellar drum playing via Peter Panka and offfers a diverse Psychrock soundscape making this the watermark on this album.  The song is eerie and dark and totally spaced out to the Nth Degree

An Amazing Album !

No comments: