...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mar Y Sol - Puerto Rico Music Festival (1972)

Mar Y Sol - Puerto Rico Music Festival

  Quite a few years ago one of my buds lent me their vinyl edition of this rare international concert which i totally adored.    An amazing mix of bands here including some of my all time favs with the Mahavishnu Orchestra, Osibisa, Cactus, ELP and John Baldry to name a few.    I finally found a near mint copy for myself which is playing as I add these notes.

  This double vinyl set covers the hilites of the four day festival held in Vega Baja Puerto Rico April 1972.    I love the Mahav's version of the "Noonward Race" which clocks in at 13 mins and gives the band loads of space and time to totally fusion-out!!!!


No comments: