...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Wings - Venus and Mars (1975)

Wings - Venus and Mars (1975)

Band on the run and "Venus and Mars" were the two Wings albums that I listened to over and over as a young kid.    My brother and I were fans of The Wings and songs like JET, Magneto and Titanium Man, Medicine Jar were simply part of my childhood soundtrack.

  I recently picked up the double vinyl remastered edition which was pressed in Germany and comes with original posters and stickers.   The original album on the first LP and a second LP with 3 unreleased tracks and a number of different mixes of songs from Venus and Mars era.

  By 1975 the Wings were down to Paul and Linda McCarney and Denny Laine with new members Joe English and Jimmy McCulloch.  There is also a few guest appearnaces with Tom Scott, Dave Mason and Allen Touissaint.   On the second LP ther is also a mix of "Letting Go" by Alan Parsons!

No comments: