...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Gary Numan - I, Assassin (1982)

Gary Numan - I, Assassin

"I, Assasin" was the fifth album released by dark electonic rock legend Gary Numan who teams up with The Who's Pino Palladino and Chris Slade on this recording.  IMHO this was the last great Numan album (all the first five are excellent albums) and I always felt this was very much underappreciated.  

   I will admit that in the 80's I lost a connection to Gary Numan and thought his later albums were very boring and much less inspired.  I got to see him a number of years ago on tour and I picked up a few of his latest albums and do enjoy them as well but I think there is something rather magical about his early LP's.

Fans of the Tubeway Army will love "We Take Mystery To Bed" with Webb's drumming and the electronic funk sounding like a tune right off of "Replicas"!

No comments: