...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Vangelis - Mask (1985)

Vangelis - Mask

  When i was a kiddi boo boo I discovered the music of Vangelis......i remember buying Charriots of Fire and playing the soundtrack forever....followed by Blade Runner and then Spirals and the Jon Anderson connections and I never looked back.   "Mask" was a later discovery for me and an album I think I must have passed up on about a million times.

 One day I was at my local record store and the guy was spinning "Mask" and then I knew I had to grab it.   This album is comprised of six movements that weave and spin from dark sinister operatic almost segments to light pastoral almost angelic slices.

Listening to this album you get the sensation that you are in a motion picture and this is the soundtrack.

No comments: