...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

David Sylvian - Secrets Of The Beehive (1987)

David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive

  I have always been a huge fan of Japan and David Sylvian which dates back to high school for me.  Albums like Japan "Assemblage" and "Gentlemen Take Polaroids" were staples on my play list.  Post Japan I bought all the Sylvian albums and EP's and followed the guy like a god for years.  I never swayed from my love of David Sylvian's compositions and artistry.

  " Secrets of the beehive" is a masterpiece of textures and sounds.   Every song is truely beautiful and is always a great listen with "Orpheus" and "let the Happiness In" reaching heavengly highs.

  Sylvian teams up with Riuichi Sakamoto, Mark Isham, David Torn and Japan brother Steve Jansen.

The music of David Sylvian is as much about the atmospheres and textures as it is pure songs and this is why I have always found his music inspirational and with deep depth.

Audiophiles will also love this album with great sound and clarity.

A huge album!

No comments: